Saturday 19 January 2013

22 Years Young

I was absolutely spoilt on my birthday, i'm luckiest girl in Sydney. I woke up on the 3rd of January to a Peanut Butter Chocolate cake for breakfast made by my gorgeous sister Emma.


I spent the day in Manly with my family. The sun was shining, it was an absolutely gorgeous day. We went for a long walk from Queenscliff to Shelly Beach and back, making a pit stop (obviously) at the ever so delicious Adriano Zumbo Manly store. I knew we were having a big dinner that night, so I avoided the big desserts and went for one of the world famous Zumbaroons. I chose the Malted Milkshake flavour, ahhhhhmazing!



Dad had given me the task of choosing a restaurant to celebrate my birthday at that night, so after vigorous research (about 10 minutes haha), my sister and I found this new restaurant called 'O Bar and Dining'. O Bar is a rotating restaurant located in Australia Square, where the old 'Summit Restaurant' used to be. The restaurant menu draws inspiration from the healthy eating philosophy in chef and owner Michael Moore, where many of the dishes use subtle substitutes for common ingredients making them healthier in general, not to mention, the view adds to the incredible dining experience.

We started off at 'The Argyle' for pre-dinner cocktails (the 2 for 1 cocktail special on Thursday nights is always a hit).



The views of the city from 'O Bar and Dining' are spectacular, especially when you get a rotating view overlooking some of Sydney's best monuments like the Harbour Bridge and Opera House.





Every item on the menu was beyond incredible, which made life very difficult when it came to choosing just one main (only one?) I was tossing up between the steamed fish with green onions, garlic, ginger, coriander and soy, the garlic spinach rotolo with lemon, garden peas, and crumbed fetta sardo, and the roasted lamb rump with eggplant, piquillo peppers, farro and fetta. After a long time deciding the pros and cons of each, I decided on the lamb rump. A fabulous choice of course.


My sisters steamed fish:


We also got sides of Nicola potato fries, a tomato and watermelon salad, and steamed greens.

Of course, dessert was just as difficult to decide. But I was set on the Strawberry Milk Pudding with a strawberry lychee salad.


I could not recommend this restaurant highly enough. It caters for any type of appetite, with the taste and ingredients always maintaining the highest quality.

Here is the link to the website: http://www.obardining.com.au/index.html

To top off my birthday weekend, I caught up with a few girlfriends for a breakfast FEAST at Kazbah Darling Harbour. This place is a Middle Eastern/North African chain, serving the most incredible, exotic and delicious meals.

My sister tried the turkish coffee. Lets just say it woke her up well and truly!



I ordered the breakfast tagine with lamb mince, sucuk, spinach, roast capsicum, roast tomato, caramelised onion, fetta and eggs. Words don't describe how tasty and exotic this dish was!


Here is the link to the website: http://www.kazbah.com.au/default.htm

Lets just say, I ate very well over my birthday. But people who know me well know that there is nothing more I would rather do than eat good food!

Loz xx

No comments:

Post a Comment